New Membership

  • To proceed with your file analysis, the following documents are required :

    • Photocopies of your diplomas and certificates relating to alternative medicine (please specify the number of training hours, if not mentionned on diploma)
    • Photocopies of your college and/or university diplomas and certificates or any other documents that could be complementary
    • Resume
    • Citizenship document - only if other than Canadian, as well as a valid work permit


  • Did you know that there is a difference between a professional association and a professional association? 

    Quebec has 46 professional orders that protect the public. Their main role: to ensure, in their own field, that professionals offer services that meet the quality and integrity standards of the profession. In order to fulfill the important mandate entrusted to them by the law, each professional order has a certain number of powers which constitute as many guarantees for the protection of the public and which ensure the quality of professional services. 

    As for a professional association, its role is to promote the socio-economic interests and the well-being of its members. 

    Source: Office des professions

Receipt Issuance

  • These are two distinct documents.The invoice is intended for the therapist accounting and tax return, while the receipt if for the client who receives a care. The client will present the receipt to his/hers insurance company and according to his/hers insurance plan, there can be a refund. In addition, the client can include the receipt in his/hers tax return for deductable care such as homeopathy, naturopathy and osteopathy.

  • It is imppotant that ALL fields of the receipt are filled in order to allow the reimbursement for your client by the insurance company. For the Traditional type receipt (similar to a checkbook), the address where the care are given can be written on the same line as the phone number or on the back of the receipt.

  • YES,

    Papers receipts : Fill out a receipt as you would for a first receipt and add DUPLICATE, that way the insurance companies will know that this receipts is a copy of a receipt already issued.

    Electronic receipts : In your members profile, in the section Electronic receipts, return to your client's desired receipts and reprint the receipt, DUPLICATE will automatically  be mentionned.

  • Paper Receipts : Refer to your receipt books. There is always a place to keep track of your issued receipts, whether you have traditional type receipts (the stub) or professional type receipts (the yellow copy).

    Electronic receipts : The system stores all issued electronic receipts, which you can view at any time in your member's profile. You can also refer to the Video Tutorials, also available in your member's profile.

Record Keeping

  • YES, for the therapist, this document is proof that the client indeed accepted to receive the given service. It is not mandatory that this document be that of RITMA's, which can be use as template. Pay attention, the minor child consent form is different then the adult one.

  • Contracts between insured and insurer stipulate that upon request, the insured must provide his/hers file in order to be reimbursed. In such a case, either you give the file to your client, or with his/hers permission, directly to the insurer. These notes include client contact information, care dates and evolution notes. The personal notes belong to therapist and are confidential, even in the case of a formal request from the court.


  • YES, your must keep your invoice and the receipt of your annual RITMA contribution in order to give them to your accountant for your tax report. For any other information, refer to your accountant.

Contact us at for more information.